Ann's Own Opinion

I'm one of those pathetic people who writes pathetic stories. Such people have a name, I think.

Who cares, right?

I love to read. A lot. More than I love to do that pathetic-story-writing stuff. And then I love to chat about what I read, whether I loved it or hated it. I'm all about the chat, baby.

Because, well, reading's no fun if ya' have no one to chat with about what you read. Whether to rant or to rave, I read to chat.

If it doesn't have romance in it, I don't wanna hear about it. Boo!

One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke #1)
Caroline Linden

Accidentally on Purpose (Accidentally on Purpose, #1)

Accidentally on Purpose (Accidentally on Purpose, #1) - L.D. Davis I dunno. I am torn between giving this book 3 or 4 stars.

While I didn't love it, I didn't hate it either. There were times when I was balling my fists screaming, "Fuck this book!" but at the same time I couldn't stop reading it. Like a meteorite falling from the sky about to fireball your ass, and you know you should run for cover, but you just can't tear your eyes away from that beautiful disaster. Devastation it will be, but oh what fucking beauty it is before the impact.

There were times when I wanted to murder every asshole in this book, save for Luke. After all, he had a "monstrous penis". Why would I wanna kill a guy with such prized possession?????? NEVA! I loved me some Luke.

Emmy, I wanted to gag her, beat her, pour melted steel on her vagina so she'll never be able to screw another guy over ever again, or maybe just rub scotch bonnet pepper on her crotch and dump her in a nearby river.

Kyle, Gosh, I hated this douche! I wanted to cut his balls off, feed it to him, bend him over and screw him with a baseball bat, then bash his scull in with it.

That just about sums up how much I hate those two characters and the frustration they put me through throughout this book.

I finished Accidentally on Purpose wishing I'd never goddamn read it, but at the same I'm wondering what took me so long to read it.

So you see, I'm kinda conflicted how to even rate it, 'cause at the moment, I'm ambivalent about the emotional disaster that this book was. And let's not talk about the lack of descriptions and details, the straightforward telling and no showing, the tame, glossed-over sex scenes, the dragging...ugh.

I'm incapable of writing a helpful review at the moment, this is just a RANT. Maybe I'll come back and try again at this review thing...

Or maybe fucking not.

A fist-shaking read on Goodreads.

One Love :)