AnnCole

Ann's Own Opinion

I'm one of those pathetic people who writes pathetic stories. Such people have a name, I think.

Who cares, right?

I love to read. A lot. More than I love to do that pathetic-story-writing stuff. And then I love to chat about what I read, whether I loved it or hated it. I'm all about the chat, baby.

Because, well, reading's no fun if ya' have no one to chat with about what you read. Whether to rant or to rave, I read to chat.

If it doesn't have romance in it, I don't wanna hear about it. Boo!

One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke #1)
Caroline Linden

The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)

The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1) - Tarryn Fisher 3.5 stars...

Okay, so, for 90% of this book I kept telling myself that I wasn't going to continue this series because I really and truly wasn't enjoying it; for various reasons ranging from the inconsistencies in the flashbacks, to the erratic writing (a MAJOR pet peeve of mine)-- everyone says it's "beautiful", "perfect", "amazing" writing, but, for ME, it was all over the place. Soooooooo, I'm thinking something's wrong with ME.

Anyhoo...

I LOVED Olivia.
Mainly because I love selfish bitches. The world would be a rather boring place without them. Also, I didn't see what was oh so bad about Leah, the woman's just fighting for what she loves. Olivia messed up and blew her chance, so, bitch, step the F back. He's no longer yours. (I HAVEN'T READ Dirty Red YET, SO THIS IS MY VIEW FOR NOW.)

Caleb...seriously, what's all the brouhaha about this dude? Caleb was just there, that's all. I don't get what everyone's hanging themselves over. Caleb is #Blah. Vapid. Insipid. Just #Blah!

The last six or so percent of this book is what saved it for me. That's when Noah came into the picture.

Like, no joke, I cried real life tears at the ending. And that shit hasn't happened since, let's see, Katherine Allred's The Sweet Gum Tree.

Really, I'm a Roll-Eye Reader. One could say I'm book-weary. You don't get to this girl's emotions so easily. So the fact that the ending of this book made me all teary-eyed says something.

I like Noah and am a bit more interested in him than I am in Caleb, and I would love to know how things turn out.

So am I going to read Dirty Red?
Without further freakin' ado! I hear she's a bitch and I can't wait be bitch-slapped o_0

A good read on Goodreads.

One Love