AnnCole

Ann's Own Opinion

I'm one of those pathetic people who writes pathetic stories. Such people have a name, I think.

Who cares, right?

I love to read. A lot. More than I love to do that pathetic-story-writing stuff. And then I love to chat about what I read, whether I loved it or hated it. I'm all about the chat, baby.

Because, well, reading's no fun if ya' have no one to chat with about what you read. Whether to rant or to rave, I read to chat.

If it doesn't have romance in it, I don't wanna hear about it. Boo!

One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke #1)
Caroline Linden

Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)

Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) - Tessa Bailey “Do you feel that, baby? That’s your man moving inside you.”

Hot damn! I loved this book!

Now, in my romances, I’ve never been a fan of heroes with any of these professions: Police/detective, lawyer, firefighter and, by gad, doctor (of any kind). I tend to like my heroes as rugged assholes or masters of their own universe, enigmatic and all that alpha-male-y stuff.
But Ms. Bailey has managed to strike ‘Police/detective’ off my list of tasteless heroes. I loved Derek. He’s a mighty fine specimen with a dirty mouth and is possessive with a CAPITALIZED, bold and italicized P.
“How can you be jealous of other men, Derek, when you know there’s only been you?”
“Baby, I’m jealous of men who haven’t even seen you yet.”

Derek saw Ginger, wanted her, and slowly but surely took his time to make her his.

Ginger? She’s my type o’ gal. Hardcore, witted, quick with words, is sexy as sin, knows it, owns it and flaunts it to have her way. She’s that unpredictable southern gal that makes Derek think before he acts and carefully times his every move. Yeah, she wrapped that sucker around her wiggly pinky finger: “Look at me. You own me. I’m owned.”

Ginger’s so down-to-earth that I was shocked as hell to find out that she’s…

It was fun to be in Ginger’s head and the dialog was good, too.

“Why couldn’t he just talk to her, order her around—something?
“Take off your clothes,” he directed without turning around.
Okay scratch that, she so wasn’t in the mood to be ordered around. Ginger scoffed. “Not a chance.”

Possessing a filthy ass mouth, Willa, Ginger’s younger sister, was also a very interesting character and I enjoyed her gradual change on her move to Chicago, even though I wished her change was on account of something else (like a life goal, an inspiration, a self-promise…) instead of a boy.

All in all, I loved this book and only dropped a star for the parts where Ginger head-rambled too much about the same stuff over and over, page fillers I suppose.

A good read on Goodreads.

One Love :)