Ann's Own Opinion

I'm one of those pathetic people who writes pathetic stories. Such people have a name, I think.

Who cares, right?

I love to read. A lot. More than I love to do that pathetic-story-writing stuff. And then I love to chat about what I read, whether I loved it or hated it. I'm all about the chat, baby.

Because, well, reading's no fun if ya' have no one to chat with about what you read. Whether to rant or to rave, I read to chat.

If it doesn't have romance in it, I don't wanna hear about it. Boo!

One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke #1)
Caroline Linden
Scorpio Awakens - Lilith Darville "...Big Hugh--that's what she called my cock, short for Hugh G. Rection..."

Scorpio Awakens is not your everyday romance. It’s centered on a married couple, Tim and Katherine King, who are both passionately in love with each other and is strangled by curiosity along with the driving need to take their sex life to higher heights.

Katherine is a strong, fierce, no-bullshit woman in the world’s eyes, but behind closed doors she’s all about yielding to commands. She loves her husband to pieces but doesn’t feel he’s capable of ‘scratching her itch’.

Tim King is equally in love with his wife, and trusts her enough to allow her the freedom of exploring her sexuality, BUT, he’s gotta be in on that shit.

Now onto… ooooh, yes, right there Master Conner, right there…Conner McCloud, the hot undercover billionaire, he can come and ‘scratch my itch’ any day! Wish there was more of him, though.

For the first four or so chapters of this book, I was thinking ‘three stars’ for the main reason that these starting chapters were the epitome of telling and not showing. I couldn’t place myself in the environment or see the characters’ faces, all I saw was the words on the pages, if ya’ get what I mean. But after I was given the opportunity to leave Katherine’s boring head and bounce around in the other characters’ head, the story grew more and more interesting and quickly graduated to four stars.

It also helps that I’m a Scorpio: “Scorpio is the most sexually charged of all the Zodiac signs.”
We are, aren’t we? *wink*

I enjoyed it. I liked all the characters. There’s lots of sex, BUT, not repetitive sex with the same people. Isn’t that given? Everyone was getting laid in this book…or whipped…or sucked…even blackmail sex was being enjoyed!

Oh, Cecile is my favorite character. I always love the villains! Mwahahahaha!!

A good read on Goodreads.

One Love <3<br/>